Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I don't know whether I'm reorganising, evaluating, or just rediscovering. But wow, what a week. Crazy crazy times since learning I've moving halfway across Australia, and yet I feel like I still have forever and everything's pretty chilled. Newsflash: three weeks is NOT forever. Definitely not enough time to shed the holiday weight - discovering I've almost grown a dress size shouldn't really have surprised me as much as it did... but being able to do something about it now makes me feel much better.

Finding a place to live is already proving difficult when no-one thinks its important to immediately reply to you. That goes for ordering a simple furniture package too. Which I won't even get all of straight away. A month without couches if I stick with the colour I really want - fun!

Guess there's not much I can do right now. It's times like these that I find myself believing in astrology a bit more and how much Mercury retrograde can affect you (four times a year communications and contracts can be foggy and create hassle). Apparently it finishes by the week's end - thank goodness. Communication with pretty much everyone at some point since returning to Adelaide has not been the easiest and I can only pin this on it. Or just that no-one wants to talk to me, but I'd rather steer away from that theory.

To better things. Returning to Fresh has been great fun and I'll miss it all over again after the next few weeks. Work-wise, found some $2 bargains at Vinnies during a surprise sale - silky black maxi skirt, Target tweed blazer and Country Road black blazer. Yes, Country Road. For $2. WIN. This was after finding other bargains in Sportsgirl.

Then today. I begun what I'm calling The Ultimate Pack. Best to start with clothes before shoes and accessories of course (not least because I'll slowly die trying to accept the fact I'll be leaving three quarters of my shoe collection behind) - and five hours later I feel like I've accomplished something. Whether it'll all fit in two suitcases with shoes etc. is to be determined. But it was so much fun re-exploring my entire wardrobe. Felt like such a GIRL mixing up new outfits. Dubbo won't know what hit it!
Couldn't help but take some photos. Office me (excuse my cheesy face):

Something different:

1 Comment:

  1. Ismail Bakshi said...
    :)

Post a Comment