Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Peru is not Chile.

I'm on the home stretch before my departure for South America. It's very exciting, but I still feel like there's a heck of a lot to do.

I've found out it doesn't always pay to stay up late to send off correspondence though. After having found out I need to pay a 'reciprocity fee' to enter Argentina (hello hidden costs), the same is applicable for Chile. While that fee is payable at the airport on entering through Santiago I wanted to confirm how much it might be or how else I may need to go about it.

This is my response.


Dear Katina,
I’d be pleased to help you up, but unfortunately I’m not able to do so. It would be better if you ask this questions to the Embassy of Chile, I’m pretty sure they have the right answer, also you can try their website, probably all the visas and fees information is there.
Kind Regards,
Daniel
Second Secretary
Embassy of Peru
I emailed the Peruvian embassy instead. 
I can imagine the confusion and general amusement fighting each other on this man's face. Ah, the embarrassments of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment