Tuesday, January 27, 2015



I've grown up hearing the saying 'everything happens in threes', and I've learnt it's not far off the mark. Many a time there have been three notable celebrity deaths within a short timeframe, or accidents, acts of crime. Or just the weird little things within an average day.

Today the latter applied to me, in a subtle but ultimately curious way.


Something in the universe is trying to connect me to the Adelaide Fringe. I don't know why, or what for, but the reason my home city comes to life in March wanted to make itself known to me today.

It started with a potential story I could do about a comedy show on there about three Territorians and their life up here. Having seen this in the guide in Adelaide a few weeks ago, I thought it was definitely worth writing about.

Then I met with a band for a story whose lead singer had picked up work in Adelaide for the next two months. Having the previous email in my head, I asked if it was Fringe-related. Sure enough, it was. So this guy will be hanging out working around the Garden of Unearthly Delights or someplace else just as cool.

It gets weirder.

After watching the Socceroos win over the UAE (to get to the Asian Cup final, which is fantastic), I go home and find Gluttony has followed me on Twitter. No, not a page tweeting the dealings of such a sin, but a major pop-up area at THE ADELAIDE FRINGE.

What is going on? I can't be home then, so why are you torturing me universe?

Maybe next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment