Friday, September 14, 2012

That title was me trying to link my main part of this post to the shoe of the week.

Anyhoo, I did something on the weekend that I've always felt I should do, something I needed to learn - especially for my big road trip home that starts tomorrow.

I learned how to change a tyre. How exciting!


 
My dad had shown me once on my old car but I never got the chance even on that day to put it into practice. This time I was armed with my NRMA information and had help from workmate Michael, and I took the time to do it all properly.
 
And this stuff doesn't scare me anymore!

 
It was hard though... tyres are freakin' HEAVY. And it takes FOREVER. I wore flats and jeans but that was still hard. It was OK though, I felt pretty good about myself at the end of it. Just definitely an advantage if you're wearing sturdy shoes.
 
And on that note... Shoe of the Week time!
 
 
This design was inventive, but the fact it looks like it's a peeptoe ruins it completely. Not much more I can say about this, except that I like the line "scattered like stars across the heavens". I hope to see the stars more clearly than I ever have in my life tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment