Friday, May 17, 2013

I decided I was going to host a party for anyone who wanted to come around tonight, tomorrow and Sunday as Eurovision weekend FINALLY kicks off in Australia.

This was only on Wednesday.

With two days to think about how I could make it more than just sitting in front of a TV with some nibbles for food (although I've got plenty of that and plan to actually cook for the final), I consulted the SBS website on how to make it a party.

But looking at what to wear, I didn't have time to source crazy glitter outfits. Any stuff I have possibly relevant is back in Adelaide!

So I decided to look to some of the recent successes and found their fashion choices to be rather minimalist.

For three nights of partying, these options are easy.

Night one: 2012


Loreen was amazing. Throwing away traditional Eurovision fare to ride to success with a minimalist performance and a great club track.

While I don't have anything like this cardigan, baggy black trousers and a flowy black dress (also keeping in trend with the mullet dress look) works fine. Let your hair down and feel the earth with your (bare) feet.

Flexible and comfy!
 
Night two:  2004
 
 
Sakis Rouvas. Aaaahhhh. One of Greece's greatest Eurovision performers. He was robbed. Stole the show in this get-up.
 
My white jacket's in Adelaide, but the rest is easy enough. Just make sure to roll the top up to show those abs.
 
Just hold in that stomach reeeeeal tight.
**This costume also applies for Dima Bilan in 2006, just change to white shoes.

Night three: 2010


Lena stormed to a win with her distinctive voice and quirky lyrics - and she looked pretty great too. Then she upped the simple fashion stakes in 2011. Awesome.

Simple!
Do you think I've pulled it off? Have a favourite?

Are YOU attending a Eurovision party and dressing up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment