Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The story remains elusive

I've seen more of Masterchef these past few days than throughout the past 3 months but I can totally see how people are addicted to it. Tensions are certainly high, think I've picked the right time to tune in.

No story for me today, am hoping for tomorrow. Saw more of what I'll be doing though so I feel slightly more prepared. The system makes the scripting easy, and the editors actually do all the cutting so I don't have to sit there and do it.

Went to a farm outside of Naracoorte to see a Field Day for Prime SAMM - sheep. Their specialty was Merino sheep imported from South Africa that are primarily bred for meat instead of wool. Some of them weighed over 130 kgs and one was bought for something crazy like $5000. A family had travelled from the Mid-North to see these sheep, people were coming from all around. Also met a 12-yr-old kid in Naracoorte who's been selected for the national u-13 baseball team and is going the Cal someone world championships. Naracoorte's an hr away from Mt. Gambier so there was a lot of travelling again today.

Lunch was a quick stop at the Naracoorte bakery on the way home, awesome steak and mushroom pie. Pastry was amazing. Masterchef made us all hungry so we just had ice-cream with Ice Magic. Mmmm... But importantly on today still, saw the bulletins filmed from inside the actual studio. Sat in the sports seat for most of it, the autocues are so cool. The cameras are robotic so its only the presenter in there and they communicate through earpieces. Bit disappointed that I didn't get to read off it. Would've been fun.

In other news, the ABC3 application was SENT! I'm yet to see the final product but I trust that Penny has shown PK as an awesome duo - really, we're too cool for school. So excited since I found out about the presenting opportunity, got me through exam period and the fact I got up off my bum and did it makes me happy. Won't have to wait long to see if we were considered, will know by the 31st. Think we're going to the sinkhole again to suss out the possums. It's called the Umpherston Sinkhole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment