Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Eurovision 2013 is coming

Courtesy NBC News
Eurovision.

The most wonderful time of the year is here.

Last year I wrote the My decade of Eurovision series about my various quips and admirations of the song contest.

In 2013, my spirits rise once again in anticipation of the most exciting musical event of the year.

I have struggled to decide on whether to listen to some songs ahead of the semi-finals. But after last year's emphatic effort in raising the bar I'm worried that wouldn't do me any good. And I like it better when I'm finding out about the songs as they're performed.

One thing I'm still baffled about a year on though:
I still listen to it all the time. I don't understand Europe's thoughts sometimes...

That aside, look out for my thoughts during the semis and grand final. And always feel free to pipe in and join the conversation!

***
They used to say to scientists, "Do you believe in God?" and the scientist would respond, "No, I'm a scientist." Today, in the 21st century, if you ask a scientist, "Do you believe in God?" the scientist will say, "Of course. I'm a scientist!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment