Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No jobs for the Greeks

Doing some weekend reading led me to the latest from the Eurozone crisis.

I was not surprised, but still extremely saddened to read that Greek unemployment has risen to a record 27.6 per cent.

That's more than one in four. Just thinking of it in those terms is scary enough. It's more than double the eurozone average of 12.1 per cent...

But then I read that 64.9 per cent of the 15-24 age group were unemployed. 64.9 per cent. That's mind-boggling. What hope does that give to a generation otherwise known for their "me, me, me" attitudes? They will be starved of growth, of well-being and of any confidence in being able to earn a solid living.

I've been looking for a new job for some time, and have been close on a few occasions only to be let down. Sometimes things just get put in perspective like a slap to the face though, don't they?

***

Everything in your life is a miracle to be cherished. A grain of sand, a bee on a flower, a sailboat, a cup of coffee, a wet diaper, a caterpillar, are all miracles. When you learn to view life and everything in it as a miracle, you soon see that complaining is a waste of the miracle that you are.

Loving relationships work because there is no work.

The only limits you have are limits you believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment