Thursday, October 17, 2013

A moment of clarity

Today I had a moment of clarity.

I went to purchase a ticket to an event for this Saturday night in Dubbo, but on exiting the building realised I hadn't actually paid.

I stepped forward a metre or so as this slowly dawned on me, and then stopped.

I stared at the ticket. My first thought? Score!

Then I looked at the bottom of the ticket: All profits from the event go to Pink Angels (a Dubbo charity). I couldn't deny a charity my money.

And as amusing as it seemed in my head to rip off Dubbo Photo News (my paper's rival), I turned around, went back in and paid the $20. The last note in my wallet, I may add.

Photo: thesoulreader.webs.com

I knew on exiting for the second time I'd done the right thing. Not because society tells us, but because I've been dealt some ongoing bad karma this year (from my own doing). It's not something I'm prepared to go through again.

Doing good deeds don't have to pay off in the way of physical gratitude, but just have to make YOU feel good about yourself. I did get the gratitude, but that's just a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment