Thursday, November 07, 2013

Photo: bigbrother.com.au
TIM WON!

I had intended to write an entry on the final three, but I've been a bit behind the eight-ball this week with my television - I only watched the Big Brother finale this morning after a self-imposed social media blackout.

And HOW GOOD was the result?! Out of the three, I think Australia got the order right. And Tim was the perfect player of this game, perhaps more open in that than anyone else we've seen.

Photo: bigbrother.com.au
While fast-forwarding through the three-hour broadcast makes you realise just how much they draw the announcement out, we get a great reflection of the season that was.

I wrote this time last year about how great the 2012 season was, but when you get a season that is just as good it becomes lost on you. The 2013 selection of housemates was not just interesting, but the continued twists kept them on their toes and it made for fantastic television.

And the relationships were some of the most intense yet.

Photo: news.com.au
Well, Tully and Drew's was the biggest. She cheated on national TV, he admitted to love. It was more than Ed could manage, although he changed his original plans to 'just have fun' to 'OK, Jade's persistent so I'll go with it' - so he gets some credit, right?

This series, while I wasn't in it, was the result of a good selection of people, that had interesting conflicts. Although news on the outside that it might be rigged has annoyed me a bit today. On wondering why Justynn wasn't at the finale, it's revealed he wasn't invited. And then I find out he's a part-time actor...

Oh and speaking of, I was reminded that Tim was the Rihanna plane streaker. So this year we've had an aspiring actress/model, a race car driver's boyfriend, former AFL player and well. It's been a bit of a B-grade special hasn't it?

***

I'm sad it's over for another year though. Maybe next year I'll give it a go. It looks like they have so much fun.

Photo: bigbrother.com.au
And PS: Sonia Kruger was in possibly her best dress for the year for the finale. Stunning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment