Friday, January 17, 2014

Wow. Can I just say: TGIF.

Before I leave work for the night (because it's my new home for blog-writing with my wishy-washy internet), I finally want to address the Australian Open properly.

***

1. How good are the Special K duo?

Nick Kyrgios was outstanding last night. It doesn't matter that he lost or that Benoit Paire is really irritating with his hot-headed nature. What matters is that Kyrgios clearly has the talent and skill to get to the cream of the crop. He just needs more miles in his legs. #NKrising indeed.

Thanasi Kokkinakis will develop in time too. He should be happy with his score against Rafael Nadal, and with good mate Kyrgios by his side will have a lot to look forward to in coming years.

Bottom line: Greek and Gold Day (as it was coined on Seven) showed promise. Opa!

Photo: SMH
2. Pink is the new black.

Seriously. Everyone's getting involved. And I really like it. Sam Stosur looks great in this bright ensemble, while plenty of the guys are opting for pink sneakers. Patterns too for that matter.



3. I'm on a plane for the mens' final.

How does that work? I'm off to Brisbane for a wedding next weekend, which is extremely exciting. The day after is Australia Day, and I thought that if I left pretty late I get to actually do something over there for most of the day. Plus I start at 11 the next day, which works in my favour.

It was only after booking the flight that I realised my mistake. It will be well into the game by the time I board, but that's the best bit. So (for now) I'm a little bit annoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment