Monday, July 19, 2010

Eurotrash: Greek Islands

Sitting in Santorini on my last afternoon here, swaying slightly from the boat we had to take to the Red Beach to swim today. Haven't gotten seasick from any of the water travel yet so I think I'm okay with travelling. Not so much with the getting ready part - I feel I take longer than normal and my sleeping patterns are faaaaarked. London tomorrow should put things back into a sort of routine for me!

So the rest of Mykonos was eventful. TV Rock blew the roof off, we stayed until 4:30 which was a huge effort considering Jana was sick (yet downed 5 drinks), and I had 7 and Penny 6 drinks (I was the better off lol). 'In The Air' was incredible, and I felt like the Mykonos stay was fulfilled.

Plenty of shopping, plenty of hot bronzed bodies... it was awesome. Actually, it wasn't just guys with the looks, all the girls were some of the most glamorous I think I've ever seen in my life. Slight inadequacy there?... Food was pretty good (pites amazing - I've had one at least every 2nd day even in Santorini), people mostly friendly, but transport is ridiculous. We stayed on the wrong part of the island - two buses to Paradise Beach with the day-club and awesomeness. But at least Santorini is easier... interesting because the island's HUGE!

Went to the Black Beach at Kamari on our first day, and the shopping there was nice. Food not so much. However, I certainly wasn't going in one restaurant after being pretty much hounded by a maitre'd who thought he had the world's greatest pick up line. Obviously thought I didn't know much Greek and therefore didn't understand what 'yiasou' meant... walking past a second time, he starts again... 'I'm the best yiasou. I'll give you the best yiasou you've ever had!' Shouting this down the street mind you. Actual humiliation. Having said that, he was the rotten egg. Greek guys here are so different to those in Australia...

Yesterday we walked on the active volcano just off the coast, and then made it up to Oia to watch one of the world's most beautiful sunsets - and it was stunning. And with all the people watching it, it felt really special. It's a more picturesque town than Fira (town centre where we are), and it finally felt like we were in 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants'.

Today was the Red Beach, where we had to get a boat out. It was alright, bit windy. I'm not a fan of pebble beaches, and that's what they've all been. Note to self: buy water shoe thingys. But the water's all so clear.

Clubbing in Santorini's actually really good. District within the town centre is close and all play good music. Jana and I stayed out until 4 or so going between three clubs (including one Greek which was awesome - even if I don't understand all the lyrics, the music's great). Hoping to go to Perissa tonight for Helen and I's final night out. Then London tomorrow - CLOTHES SHOPPING, FINALLY!

3 Comments:

  1. traveler said...
    I have the best memories from this island
    Anonymous said...
    I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips,awesome tees.
    Katina said...
    Thankyou both! It was a very good time and I'm dying to go back!

Post a Comment