Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't have much time...

Ok so spent the last 6 days in Nemea, Greece, about an hour or so from Athens, past Corinthos on the Pelopponnese. My paternal grandpa is from a smaller village just outside Nemea called Dafni but most of my family don't live there now bcoz it's pretty small. Didn't see much of it (disappointing), but Nemea is great. About 29,000 live there, and very friendly and hospitable people. And they love their coffee. So I'm not a huge coffee drinker right? I had 3 frappes in 24 hrs and w jetlag it wasn't good. Yes, there was a bit of that and I didn't feel myself for days. Neither did my face :/ So to say the least I've stuck to OJ since.

Helen's learnt a bit of Greek which is great... My fam don't speak a lot so it's been a challenge but have understood more than expected so everyone wins! It was a learning curve for me too, and the places we've seen have been incredible. Didn't expect it to be that mountainous. But it's mountain after mountain after mountain... after mountain. Beautiful. Nafplio is amazing; Greece's first capital city... Went in Palamidi Castle where Kolokotroni led us to victory vs the Turks 200 years ago and was then jailed, and the night after it ate under it in the town centre. At 11pm on a Monday night and it was PACKED. The pizza here has tastier cheese and their pites (yiros') are AMAZING. Nothing's the same here!

Olympia was the big one for me and we went yesterday. I almost cried seeing the first stones, felt sooo privileged to be there. Missed the flogya (flame basin thing), bit annoyed because there weren't exactly any signs and the site's HUGE. Buuuut I did run on the ancient Stadio with ghosts of champions past. And there's video proof haha :)

Also watched the World Cup final... Well half of it, and then 3mins from the finish it cut out. Happy with Spain winning.

Now in Mykonos where the water's beautifully clear and it's extremely hot. Heard about back home... Ewwww. Funniest thing ever: love TV Rock's 'In The Air' after seeing 'Kings of Mykonos: Wog Boy 2' right? I've made it my Eurotrash song. And what loud poster do I see outside my hotel today? TV ROCK IN THE FLESH TOMORROW NIGHT! That's not coincidence, that's fate! I'll hear my song as it should be heard, yayyy!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hi,You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful! awesome tees , thanks

Post a Comment