Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not just a review this week

I've stupidly left my USB with my finished review at work, so unfortunately you guys will have to wait until Monday night for my thoughts on Mirror Mirror. Cue sad face.

But Dubbo has gone film-mad this weekend anyway, so I wanted to give the Travelling Film Festival a mention. Organised by those crazy cool people at the Sydney Film Festival, it's been here eight times already. Last night's opener was said to be the strongest turnout ever with a sold-out show for French film The Women on the 6th Floor.


It was a charmer, and everyone walked out of that cinema pretty satisfied. I certainly did, it was the first foreign film I've seen in six months here.

It's a pretty diverse lineup, with Indigenous film Toomelah and the Danish Happy Happy screening earlier today before The Ides of March tonight. Yes, Clooney and Gosling's double trouble affair never got here before now, what shame.

Tomorrow is Italian The Salt of Life before the big punchline Melancholia. Now I've seen the film (this was heavily chopped btw, please ignore the incorrect edit of Dunst's name), but fatigue was a huge factor and I'm so keen to try and get through it again. Although slightly apprehensive of the chance I may be wasting two hours of my life.

Oh, and have a read of my brief preview of the festival. It's times like these when I really love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment