Monday, November 19, 2012

The second half of my journey began in Mildura after leaving Adelaide. Going through Renmark on the way was nice, having visited there two years ago for some work experience.

Right on the Victoria/NSW border, Mildura is a great base for surrounding areas. It also had a lot to offer for itself, not least a great major eating strip. Definitely one up on Dubbo there. To be fair, it services up to 60,000 within a close proximity.

Within Mildura and close surrounds I visited Orange World where I learnt about the wonderful produce that comes out of the Sunraysia region, the Stanley Wines factory in an attempt to see the Big Goon Box, and took notice of the cool art deco influence on their architecture.

I must mention that the hospitality I received here was great... and that they have a really good Sportsgirl. Oh how I miss that shop.

I could say this is the best fresh OJ I've ever had - and I will. Fabulous.


The Orange World experience then consists of a tractor ride through part
of the orchard.

What used to be the Big Goon Box. You can imagine the Stanley logo and
the pourer bit stuck on the bottom. No vomiting homages here. Devastated.





This is the ninth post of the On the road to nowhere series. Missed the last one? Catch up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment