Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A town of the choo-choos for decades, Peterborough was interesting in that it was my first SA Outback destination ever in taking a second detour off the Barrier Highway. It delivered more than I expected.

The hours flew by during my short stay, accompanied by a father-daughter duo I had met in Broken Hill on my walking tour who were coincidentally ahead of me on the road and had the same idea.

We took in their train museum, the Steamtown Heritage Rail Centre, where I felt like I had been plonked in the middle of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (subconscious childhood dream realised right there). Lunch followed at a place which combined three of my favourite things - retroness, film and good food.

From here I would continue to Adelaide to see family and friends, and attend a beautiful wedding. I felt I had already done so much in just five and a half days.




Thomas' roundhouse.

This thing on the back of the car is a means of mobile communication.
Funny how that's changed...

Toby was a pretty cool train.


If someone had told me earlier I'd fine this on the main street I would've
laughed. Fabulous.




This is the eighth post of the On the road to nowhere series. Missed the last one? Catch up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment