Wednesday, August 13, 2014

While I had quite the good day today, I hadn't had as bad a day for a very long time as I did yesterday.

You know when you wake up in the morning and something just doesn't feel right? Either physically, or mentally... you just know that you shouldn't leave the house because it's going to be an absolute shitfight until you get back past the safety of that door.

Yesterday was one of those days.

And then Robin Williams goes and dies.

I'm affected enough when I hear about celebrity deaths. This one didn't feel real though. Not only because SO many other things had already gone wrong with my life in general and at work that I couldn't quite believe it (I really did think it was a hoax, took a while to actually acknowledge what I was seeing on TV), but also because we now know that such a FUNNY man died by his own doing in the most not funny of ways.

Hearing about depression leading to suicides is something that deeply saddens me. For him to have felt the pressures of life so much among a supportive family and friendship network is heartbreaking. So too has been the outpouring of grief. You all saw The Academy's tweet I take it.

The words of my friends and celebrities have been some of the most heartfelt I've ever read. I'm not quite sure why I don't feel I've had to say a lot. I honestly just think it's the most horrible of losses. Drug addiction and overdosing is one thing... hanging is just something else altogether.

And a day later we've lost Lauren Bacall, who lived a long life but whose loss is still big considering the golden days of Hollywood drift further away from reality. Two big heavyweights just gone. Two people who truly had an effect on people with their talents. I made a note today that these things usually come in threes, and I would hate to think we'll hear of another death. I just hope they're resting in a good place now. Vale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment