Thursday, August 07, 2014

So Facebook has begun the big export, selling off their private messaging function into its own entity...

Seriously though, what IS the point of the new Messenger app?

I now have bobbing circles on my phone's home screen whenever I get a message. Then it doesn't go away even when you read the message. You're trying to search for a contact or read a message, and it just stays there.


Then in annoyance of that, it took way too much effort to figure out how get rid of it (but it's possible).

Why?! Yes, a total first world problem, but such an unnecessary one. The whole point of Facebook is convenience in its communication, so this just defeats that whole purpose. I question whether any of its added features couldn't just be done in the regular app.

I'm not the only one annoyed according to News.com.au. While it made me think of deleting the app, I need this to be able to communicate with so many people. So it's not really an option. But it's worrying just how much privacy I'm sacrificing for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment