Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Dubbo Showground markets were recently moved to a riverside oval to become the new (and seemingly improved) Riverside Markets. While I never went pre-move, my eventual discovery of what these markets are was a long time coming. Like a lot of other things in life.

Came away with more than expected. And this was after having to walk a good 500 metres extra or so to get into the Centro, then to the ATM to get money, and then walking all the way back hoping the stuff would still be there. Thankfully, this isn't Sydney so I was fine.


I'm clearly still daydreaming about European adventures. I first stumbled across a first edition of an Australian book called Roaming Round Europe by Frank Clune, the telling of his adventures around Western Europe in 1952. Spent what was my last $10.

On returning from the ATM I found a French grammar book, which appears to be the most confusing thing I've ever read. But thinking of my imminent French lesson I thought it would be handy. $1. PS: said lesson never eventuated... le sigh.

Then a book stand had Azur Like It by Wendy Holden, about a journalist who gets sent to cover the Cannes Film Festival. That's so me! But then she discovers a dark side. Not so me. I was intrigued. $3.

Teeny silver thing on the French grammar book is a Pandora-style charm of a paw for my travel charm bracelet, signifying Australia through Dubbo/the central west... via Taronga Western Plains Zoo. $1.

And then there were the shoes. Found at the most amazing little vintage stall that made me want to do a Barcelona and pinch it all.


The shoes were sitting on the left of those pink shoes on the ground before I grabbed them with the intention of scrubbing them into a fantastic work-purpose pair for my wardrobe. $10.

I took the photo with Annie's details clearly in sight because she's great and deserves business. My new shoes were previously her own and she has a great selection of accessories, shoes and even clothes. The first I've seen of affordable great vintage in Dubbo. Tre bien.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment