Sunday, April 21, 2013



thelineofbestfit.com
Following on from my minor rediscovery of pop music, I realise this is old news - but the last two weeks have been hectic and I still want to mention the Daft Punk Wee Waa revelation. Wee Waa is about three-and-a-quarter hours' drive north from Dubbo, and I was pretty shocked and unsure if it was a joke - but intrigued. It's so close I could do it!

I even made the Narrabri Courier's coverage with my expression of interest to hear Random Access Memories on Twitter (top right of the diagram).

However, to my dismay tickets were put on sale and sold out too quickly for anyone to really realise. So it's a no go. They were about $35, and now they're selling for hundreds of dollars. Fail. Oh well.

What I really must point out is that wanting to go was, in a way, a pretty big deal.

I had a rather traumatic experience as a child where I rang to request a song on the Hot 30 Countdown (with Ugly Phil and Jackie O, that's how long ago we're talking) and was randomly asked to record an introduction to Daft Punk's One More Time for when it entered the countdown.

On hearing the broadcast and hearing someone else's name, I was distraught and confused, rang up and was put on hold to talk to producers but ended up hanging up. That particular song still gets to me sometimes.

I don't think I've ever told anyone that story. Wow.

***
It's not what's available or unavailable that determines your level of success and happiness; it's what you convince yourself is true.

If things aren't working, ask yourself, "In what way am I creating this? In what way can I change? What is the lesson?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment