Sunday, April 14, 2013

My first One Night Stand

So unless you were living under a rock, any social media friend of mine at least would know my current residence was home to triple j's One Night Stand yesterday.

I had a great time.

There are some things I would like to point out:

That was before I left for the showground. Phone reception was atrocious. I'm surprised this wasn't countered considering we're a bigger location for this event and probably have the capacity to open the tower(s?) for stronger coverage. Why do social media and mobile phones exist if we can't handle an extra 10,000 people wanting to communicate?


I usually wear earplugs to concerts and festivals these days (yes, I'm old) - and I forgot them. I was kicking myself a little bit, but the acoustics were some of the best I've ever experienced at an event. Even as I gradually got closer to the stage throughout the night I could still hear the performers well and it wasn't terribly loud. My ears now aren't even that bad.

For the record, they all did a great job. I'd done well during the week to look up the other artists' songs, and really enjoyed all of their sets (a nicely diverse mix within the 'alternative' music world). To hear Seth Sentry's The Waitress Song live and know Ball Park Music are as boppy as they sound on radio was pretty awesome.


I was really looking forward to Flume though, and eventually made my way into the thick of it by the halfway mark of his set. Which was pretty epic I must say - he just about blew my mind. I miss going out and hearing that sort of music all the time.

Then I found out this afternoon where Flume had been where he went for breakfast this morning... five or so hours later. Fail.


On a sidenote, I'm not sure whether we were in any sort of camera view on TV during the Flume set. Oh well. But at least I have something to show for it - the tee has elephants because of Dubbo's zoo :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment