Friday, April 26, 2013

Achieving purpose

Helping somebody else achieve a sense of purpose is a part of the mission of what it means to be a parent.

I find this quote interesting because I believe in it, but it's nowhere close to where I am in life.

Funny story (forgive me if I've mentioned this before, but don't think so): when I returned to Adelaide last to see my family and friends, it was decided by my aunty that I would likely marry at 35.

35.

I was, and still am, extremely daunted by that number on thinking about it. I'm still in a complete mind-space where I don't know what the next few months will hold, let alone knowing what my life will be like then. Luckily for me, it's still a little while away. For now.

Which is why my aunty predicted that age... on me asking her the reasoning behind it, she simply said she thought I had too much I want to do.

Well that's a fair point. I do have a lot I want to do, namely in the way of travel and possible job options.

What concerns me though is if I get married at 35 (which I have now accepted is completely plausible), where do kids fit in?

And that was my segue back to the quote. If I ever do become a parent helping my child feel they have purpose would be a massive priority.

Not that anything of the sort is in the pipeline in any way whatsoever... just saying. I need to find my own purpose first. Understand my meaning of life.

***
Everything in life is a paradox. The less you care whether you get approval, the more you get.


There's a big difference between not liking someone's behaviour and not liking someone.

Try to learn from the past, rather than repeating it and making references to it all the time.

You can never please everyone. In fact, if you please 50 per cent of the people, you're doing quite well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment