Thursday, July 16, 2009

My feet hurt :(

Not that anyone cares, but my dressy shoes are making my toes sore. Pain is beauty in looking glam for the cameras. I'm not actually going to BE in front of the camera in tonight's bulletin, but you have to keep up appearances! Although my mug is invisible, I am involved in TWO of the stories. That's one whole story more than yesterday!

Had an abrupt awakening this morning when I felt some weight suddenly on my bed. Open my eyes to see these big eyes looking at me. Casey had decided to become my personal alarm clock - I half screamed and both Casey and Tigger scurried out of the room. How the hell did the cats get in my room when the door was closed?! And not to mention it was 7am - but that ended up being a blessing in disguise, I needed that extra time up. Found out later that Tigger can actually reach up and pull the door handles down. Smart bugger. Thought I was getting used to living with pets...

So to my stories! Went into the main street of Mt Gambier this morning to get some vox pops (general public opinions in front of the camera) on what people think of the proposed laws to crush hoon drivers' seized cars. Wasn't too hard actually, most were keen on speaking to me and I got a good mix of people. Some little kids missed out on their TV opportunity because their mum flat-out refused to go on camera. Poor buggers, they just wanted to be famous. All the story is is pretty much these voxys... I just say 2 pars before and after them to tie it all up. Got some good quotes though, and I apparently did a good job!

That was in between my sports story (!), covering hockey results from the weekend because Kristy was away again today. They spread it out here because there's not much mid-week sporting news in these parts. Stuart asked me if I liked sports (uh, YES!) and I was set to do a netball story. Mentioned I'd done Sports Journalism at uni and after I admitted I wasn't keen on netball he switched me to hockey! I had fragments of footage from the WestPort v Tigers Div1 men's nail-biter and a contact number to find out how the game went down. I didn't even know where the teams were based! Turns out the contact was WestPort's manager and they lost the game (3-4...) so I felt bad when I asked him about good players in the opposition... awkward.

There was only one of the goals caught on camera so I was struggling to find good footage. The info I got on WestPort's best player being sent off twice was awesome but we had no visuals!!! So I did the best I could with what I had and I'll be seeing how it all turned out soon... got good constructive criticism as well, I had made it more print and less TVish by not having it chronologically. He kept practically all my wording though, just switched it around.

Final of Grey's tonight, can't wait to sit down and have a glass of wine and enjoy it! I'm shocked that it's Thursday already though, that means I only have 1 day of story-making left! And Lennon's! Sadness. I'm really having fun here. Lennon's is a great foodie too - $2 Chiko roll for a late lunch hit the sweet spot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment