Monday, July 20, 2009

So we come to Sunday. The trip home. I had moved out of my room on Saturday night to accommodate for family friends who were passing through to Melbourne; Tigger's looking at me probably knowing I shouldn't be in Mel's bed. Felt sad as I left the house, it had a real homely feel and I'd enjoyed my stay. Glad they kept the food from the care package I brought up, otherwise Mum would've killed me!

The road trip with Mel ended up being an awesome day. Took our time for a safer trip, Mel had promised we'd go through Penola so we stopped to see Mary Mackillop's school. We'd gotten there during mass (being a Sunday morning) and as such was the only time the tour wasn't open. Pity, but I did get a few photos through the window. This is the chick they want to consider a saint. She taught in country SA. That's unreal. Penola's lovely, I got coconut roughs from the sweet shop that I can feel rotting my teeth and we encountered a headless bride that moved and talked. It was almost lifesize; she was holding her head by the hair and if you pushed the button on her hand she moved from side to side saying some weirrrrd shit. "I just wanted this day to be... perfect *sobs*". It was so loud, and in a secluded part of the store it was the creeeepiest thing in the world. Wish I took a photo...

Passed a lovely cottage just outside Padthaway, Mel had always wanted to have a look. We turned back and went in the estate. It was for Padthaway Wines and we ended up spending an hour in their cellar on a wine tasting journey. The woman was amazingly knowledgable and we learnt a lot. Not to mention that the wine was incredibly good. They sell their stuff at the Ed's cellar so think there will be a trip there in the near future.

Weird guy in Tailem Bend's Subway that spilt Coke all over the door was the only other major thing. Lotta singing, lotta chips and almond bread consumed and some hours later we were back. Still feel weird being home. Although I was excited to see that my tickets for My Sister's Keeper had come in the mail. And as I was alerted to by Mel I've never been away from my family this long. Good to see familiar faces. Missed everyone. Found myself back at Macca's with the girls just before (minus Nav who's left for Singapore. Major sadness.) and it almost feels like I never left. Just feel I had a lot of stories to tell and something to show for it. Great experience, so so happy I went down there for my internship. Would gladly go again. Hope Erin has a good week for hers this week! Feel a bit worldly having travelled a bit more than normal in 2009. Although that only stretches across two states I've learnt different things on every trip and it helps me grow. The trip to the Mount most certainly did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment