Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shit, I'm 20 tomorrow!

Last day as an official teenager ('twenteen' is a debatable term but one I will stick by) and really wasn't sure how to go out with a bang. Was cold and wet outside so couldn't reeeally do much. Biggest idea was throwing toys around at Toys 'R' Us to get a kick out of trashing the old workplace... That's fairly mean though, most of the order's changed by now.


Managed to watch the rest of Weird Science, a John Hughes offering that while not as good as The Breakfast Club et al (but really, how can you beat THAT?) managed to be less serious about teen tribulations and more about the laughable side and the ludiocrity of growing up. By the way is ludiocrity actually a word?


That at least managed to cheer me up; before I read about the 17 year old guy that beat Aussie Jesse Martin's record of sailing around the world solo youngest. He said that teenagers should be looked at within a better light... Well, at least those not on World's Strictest Parents should be anyway. But I never did anything adventurous like that. Heck, I never threw one of the typical house parties, it just wasn't how I rolled. Have achieved a lot but there are some things I'll never know.


Does being 20 mean I have to grow up? Hope not, I'd like to think there'a still plenty of childishness in me for the right moments! Think one of the things that's useful for is being excited about birthdays. Why do we fear it more as we get older? Why do we let the fear take control? Humph, not sounding like a carefree teen there am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment