Monday, July 13, 2009

My first taste of Win

Well, day 1 has now come and gone and I can reveal that I'm in for a lot in the next few days. Stories are definitely happening, and another chance to experience the country life has given me added interest. Win-TV at Mt Gambier cover stories as far as Kingston, Keith and Robe and they also do the newsreading for the Loxton bulletin which covers the Riverland...

My day today was fairly breezy. Went to a property in the Bray district outside of Robe where the dirt road off the highway led you nowhere for at least 5 minutes. Talk about the longest driveway ever. There'd been storm damage over the weekend that uprooted 40-yr-old pine trees and ripped a huge shed apart. This ended up being the top story (just quietly I think it was a slow news day)... It was great to see something in action though, gives me a well-deserved reminder as to why I want to do this. TV's always been up there so I'm hoping that this'll give me my best practise yet.

So the place was over an hr away. Yeah, that means I spent 2 hrs in the back of the Win van. Bumpy ride, but I became so tired I started falling asleep. This continued well into the afternoon in the office and in the control rm as i watched the newsreading. I wasn't bored though I swear!!! It was just really tiring.

Lunch was good, I navigated my way thru the streets and I ate my chicken salad roll with the Blue Lake in front of me. So peaceful. Attempted to upload a photo but that didn't work because the file was huge... Mel took me to the famous sinkhole before too but there were no possums! They were hiding, but the place is beautiful.

Ok ok, so that's all for now. Mum tried calling me only six times before so I figured I'd give an update. Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment