Wednesday, December 02, 2009

So I have begun my summer quest to complete This Is Not A Book (TINAB). And the one thing that's sticking in my head and won't leave until I remember right now is: how much I would regret using a pen to write in there. A pencil is what I need. Oh the days of writing in pencil. As my new workmate Regina put it, who writes with the lead after they get their pen licence? Me now, that's who.

So Day 1 and 2 have passed. Yesterday I decided to start with two major tasks. Page 1 of course, is to take it with me everywhere for a week and try to keep it in full view. I've taken it to the gym twice, work twice (left behind the counter, which has gained some interesting responses from my friends, my manager is yet to discover it to my knowledge), and on the bus (where I completed some imagery on a picture of the sea on pages 8 & 9, hence why I need a pencil). Oh, The Ed too. That's right, a hotspot. Arguably the biggest place in Adelaide on a Tuesday night. Took me 40 mins to get in (since WHEN is there a line at The Ed btw?!); eventually sat down in the Front Bar and got it out. The proudest moment was when my mate Spratt was so interested he took on a challenge for himself. Page 7: 'This is a test of ENDURANCE. Hold TINAB above your head for as long as possible.'
So he did. Check out the photo:


How long for? I'll let you guess. But this photo is the result of my second continuing task. Page 62: 'This is a COMMITMENT (*love the capitals). Do one thing of the list every day for a month. Personally, anyone who knows me would've said TAKE A PHOTO!!! But I started with the intention to draw something everyday. I can't draw. Therefore the photo choice was a no-brainer. So photo #2 is from today, Mel looking at cakes during wedding cake tasting at Goodwood Road's Sugar & Spice. Yum yum:

Long day today. Didn't complete any other tasks. But I have months. So I'm off for now.
xo

COUNT:
Pages in progress: 1, 62
Pages completed: 8-9
Pages completed by others: 7 (Spratt, 1-12-09)

3 Comments:

  1. Mandi said...
    this is such a brilliant idea Katina! i love it already.
    steph. said...
    hooray! a photo a day. love.
    dj adelaide said...
    the ed generally very busy over the summer and especially when school is out :)

Post a Comment