Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TINAB: Days 19-22

The weekend. Thank goodness for that. Saturday brought along a party night - not what I truly expected. A Hen's Night not in town was entertaining, but then Jana encouraged me to go out. Ended up at Reds and I shook off my drunken sleepiness to have a really good time. Hi to those I saw, good times :D
The photo's not the funniest of the night (that's something never to resurface), but the crowd during my first experience in their dance room. Total club shot.


Sunday: work, then extreme exhaustion in the hours after following a mere 5 hours sleep. Not that that's unbearable but doing it for a week straight takes its toll. Still, my brother convinced me to watch Apocalypse Now with him at 10pm - not the greatest idea. However, although I was drifting half the time, I'm glad I made the effort. It's such an intense film, I really think I need to watch it again. Partly because I was marvelling at how much Charlie and Emilio look like Martin (Sheen) when he was young:


On Monday (now day 21, can you believe it?!), there was time to do another task. I intended to use TINAB as a dream catcher as specified on page 158...

1: Was with a different mum and we were living below the poverty line. There were roadworks in front of the Mitcham Library and although we were in the right lane, 'Mum' got out by the petrol station next door and started yelling at somebody. They were trying to argue that it was about to finished - but it didn't matter. Went 'home' to a set of housing trust units (ours was hidden at the back). Made lunch (a simple sandwich) and went back to make another complaint. Felt awkward as a (smaller) kid just standing there eating my food and still feeling hungry while 'Mum' continued her complaining. A brother was at home but not sure if he followed us out.

2: Remember being aware of listening to Michael Buble's song Just Haven't Met You Yet and the rest of the new album. That's all.

Photo comes from the commotion on North Terrace (main Adelaide city road) that afternoon. A couple carjacked a driver at gunpoint, crashed the car into an unmarked police car; the man had a scuffle with a cop, stole his gun and went to rob two banks on Henley Beach Road. It literally stopped traffic.


Tuesday (meant to be today, but at 12:21am it's now yesterday): open at work until 9. Poor Tracy had the dreaded 12-hr shift. So she made a countdown behind the counter. This is her crossing off another half-hour. Gold.


COUNT:
Pages in progress: 62
Pages completed: 1, 8-9, 7, 65-66, 88, 109-110, 124, 158, 192
Pages completed by others: 7 (Spratt, 1-12-09)

2 Comments:

  1. adelaide dj hire said...
    it amazes me how often people use that countdown idea lol
    Katina said...
    Well, we were tired and when I saw it there I found it pretty funny...

Post a Comment