Thursday, December 10, 2009

TINAB: Days 5-7

While I realise it's the 10th I don't think having six days worth of content is viable here. Day 5 was a day I'd been looking forward to for months. Had no work, and an afternoon full of good vibes and plenty of dancing. But not at Stereosonic like the rest of Adelaide. I was where those NOT at Stereo were - A Day on the Green at Peter Lehmann Wines in the Barossa Valley.

Why would I, a 20-year-old, go there over Stereo? Well, these tickets went on sale months before, and I wasn't going to miss out on the first Australian tour The B-52's have done in my lifetime. That's right, the Rock Lobster and Love Shack people. They're still around. And they kick arse. With Mental As Anything and The Proclaimers as supports it was actually a really well-rounded show. We had a very large group of Scots next to us who knew all the words to every Proclaimers song... when 500 Miles came on my auntie and I went down the aisle to where a few of them were waving their Scottish flag and grabbed it. We were all singing (horribly I might add), waving the flag and it was the funniest thing I've done in ages.

My latest TINAB task came a bit before this (for I still had it in full view of course)... page 124: 'This is a MOMENT IN TIME. This day will never happen again. Document it's passing.' So I wrote:

"Red Red Wine by UB40's blasting over the speakers at A Day on the Green in between Mental As Anything and The Proclaimers and everyone's singing along. I'm to Mum's right and Angela, Toula and Tanya's left; we're chilling with riesling, food and anticipation for The B-52's!"

I would've missed the day if I'd written about it all. But the concert was rad, they played most of my favourites, and to hear Love Shack live, my fave song of ALL TIME, was incredible. To say I went nuts is an understatement. And Rock Lobster as the encore went OFF. The photo pick for the day is hard (there's a particularly funny one involving chocolate) but below is of the band, as close as I could get before the reserved seating. I've just realised the idiot in the cap is very reminiscent of the puppet from Hey Hey It's Saturday. Gilbert?



All in all, it was an amazingly awesome day with the (family) girls, with perfect weather and great atmosphere.

Day 6 wasn't very eventful but the photo shows my excitement from the concert continuing. Worn this T-shirt twice already... <3 id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5413403952931941698" style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; WIDTH: 240px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 320px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgbUVwhbd8u4lSoxTFJGCi-nH-54JExRrDcEXq3DGvwyuyQsvFESelt2D_oooc1wN38No9VcbpqU6Tm1ZDqMZQezuuwcu7o6KYVoDPP4QCFFghXmYpkqtwLl9MYWfGEQymhMO2X/s320/IMG_1554.JPG" border="0">
Day 7: same, but it marked the last day of my first challenge. During the week of placing TINAB in full view, it's gone with me to work, the gym, a festival, The Ed, coffee, the movies, and Fresh at least. Here we had a minor water spillage (sssh!) but TINAB was spared. Anyway, the studio is my photographic choice for this day so you can see where the magic comes from!



I really need to get cracking on these tasks. But so little time! Doing this AND the contents of my list aren't happening at a great pace :/ Having said that, stuff is getting done. So that has to be positive.

COUNT:
Pages in progress: 62
Pages completed: 1, 8-9, 7, 88, 124
Pages completed by others: 7 (Spratt, 1-12-09)

2 Comments:

  1. dj adelaide said...
    Wow, it does sound very cool, wish I was there!
    Katina said...
    It was! Think I'm going to write a blog with more detail on the day soon haha

Post a Comment