Friday, December 04, 2009

TINAB: Days 3 & 4

So the past two days have been hectic. Just a bit. No additional tasks were done yesterday because of commitments. However, my first stop of the day provided the perfect photo op:


For those who don't know, it's the ABC Adelaide building in Collinswood. I help conduct group tours there voluntarily and I had a shift yesterday morning. Had a great time with a bunch of home-schooled kids and mums who were sometimes more interested in the workings of TV than the kids! Saw the set of Poh's Kitchen for the first time so I was pretty stoked... it's HUGE! I learn or see something new everytime I'm in that place.

Introduced TINAB to more of my workmates, so they knew why it was behind our front counter. It's become too cosy there - somehow I managed to forget it. Totally regretted that this morning. Waking up at 5:15AM and realising wasn't a good feeling. Starting to really want this book around. I hope that doesn't sound desperately sad. Why was I up so early you ask? It wasn't even for a Fresh shift...

Sunrise was doing a live broadcast from Elder Park this morning. Mel and I thought 'What a better way to network...' However, transport doesn't get into town as early as 5:30AM (ridiculous) so we got there by 6:15 or so. Mel brought red cowboy hats (as our Xmas costume), and I'd made a sign at midnight last night on shiny paper saying 'Spread the Xmas cheer. Give us a job' (with a golden sun as the 'o' in job, haha). Awesome cooked breakfast, live crosses to Nuala Hafner for the weather (who loved our 'Xmas Cowgirls' idea and showed a crew member our awesome sign), and performances from Guy Sebastian AND Hugh Sheridan (who actually sounded decent live). Didn't meet Mel and Kochie, although Mel saw our sign and smiled, but did meet newsreader (and now idol) Natalie Barr. So lovely and chatty, and loved that we'd finished a journo degree. Therefore, out of plenty of options, this photo counts for Day 4:

Then I caught a bus to work for a 9-5:30 shift, where the driver physically laughed at me in my hat through his rearview mirror. So I'm tired. But other tasks were completed. Thought I'd try my hand at Page 7, which Spratt attempted at the Ed on Tuesday. I managed to hold TINAB above my head for 21 minutes (much longer than him, that's all I'll say). Now I have a sore shoulder to show for it. Page 88 was an interesting idea too: a methodology. How many ways you can carry something that 'isn't' a book - testing their examples out and creating five more. Mine were:
1: In between fingers.
2: Tied to thigh (this works better for paperbacks).
3: Tied to arm.
4: As an earring.
5: Like a backpack.
This was after I'd carried it by my knees, elbows, on my head, etc. The good ol' balance on the head trick was a personal favourite. If you ever try the waistband example, it may not be feasible to be wearing pyjamas.

COUNT:
Pages in progress: 1, 62
Pages completed: 8-9, 7, 88
Pages completed by others: 7 (Spratt, 1-12-09)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment