Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I mentioned in previous posts that I had recently been on a road trip, and now I'm finally ready to tell you about it!

The map's up again because it offers perspective. Two weeks, 3,000 kilometres.


First stop was Cobar, just for a couple of hours as I made my way to White Cliffs. Cobar's a three-hour drive from Dubbo and a strong mining town, particularly with copper.

There's not too much to say for not having stayed too long, except that I had a steak and mushroom pie from a good bakery (and felt real country-like), and did about half the Heritage Walking Trail where I saw a massive fig tree.

No mistaking where I'd driven in to.
The Great Cobar Copper Mine. Massive.
The Great Western Hotel, said to have the longest iron lace verandah
in the Southern Hemisphere.
They like their beer. The Big Beer Can.

Like I said, they like their beer.

This is the second post of the On the road to nowhere series. Missed the last one? Catch up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment