Sunday, October 07, 2012

Things that are laughable

A few random bits of fun from the weekend for you all tonight.

1. This letter:

Mum again keeping me updated

OK, maybe a bit harsh. Really though, as much as I'm sure he means what he writes in thanking the club, players and fans (you're welcome, I guess), this to me screams covering the arse. It seems incredibly convenient that he now has family in Sydney, and that he's born there. The whole thing is really starting to tire me out. What's worse is that Sydney reports are pretty much saying his move to the Swans is a done deal. Uh, just you wait until tomorrow.

2. This risotto:


What's wrong with this picture? Think about it, a prawn risotto... OK, reveal: it's on a PLATE. I'm out with workmates on Friday night (we wanted to try Dubbo's first Italian restaurant in over a decade so went for dinner), and I'm looking for prawns. I'm told to keep digging, but I'm clanging the fork saying "I can't, it's on a plate!" For the record, there were only three prawns. Bizarre.

3. My freezer door:

 
We were treated to Paddle Pops on Friday at work as the weather warmed up, and I went to buy some during my shopping at the supermarket. Grabbed a packet, and then I saw a 3 for $15 sale on the Streets range. So now I have 23 Splices taking up most of my freezer instead (I ate one already). Long-term investment.
 
***
 

While on the subject on food, wanted to share a couple of snaps from the last few days.


Slow-cooked strawberries with ice-cream followed the risotto, and somewhat ended that experience on an OK note. Although, I don't know how much I should've expected from a place part of a small franchise whose other two restaurants are Indian.


Eggs florentine with a side of hash browns for a Saturday breakfast... totally amazing. I'll leave you with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment