Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I embarked on a two-week road trip in the second half of September, the major purpose being for a trip home to Adelaide to attend my friend's wedding.

I dubbed it my On the road to nowhere trip because on the map, it's literally an (anti-clockwise) loop - leading me to no definite location.


Let's paint a picture. From Nyngan (2 hours from Dubbo) to Giles Corner (about 1 hour 15 mins north of Adelaide), the Barrier Highway is the major thoroughfare. It's mostly quite flat, but with a decade of drought behind it now looks fairly green. Plenty of Paterson's Curse lines the road's edge, and with blue skies manages to be picture perfect. On this trip, I of course did the entire highway route.

Before getting into the locations in detail, here's a photo essay of how the first half of my road trip looked purely along the Barrier Highway.



















This is the first post of the On the road to nowhere series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment