Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Soooooo... who just watched Big Fat Gypsy Weddings?

WOW.

I had it on after Big Brother so thought I'd give it a go. And I've not seen anything so bizarre in some time.

Incase you missed it, this is Josie. An Irish traveller (aka gypsy), 17 and oldest of nine.


Looks a bit like Linsday Lohan in this photo and fits the apparently typical traveller bill of dressing with her boobs out all.the.time.

And this is her on her wedding day to 19-year-old English traveller Swanley.


The story with this is that she could hardly walk in it and that frustrated me. What's the point?! But the whole time I just couldn't figure out HOW they have the money to spend on these big days... if they're travellers they don't have a normal level of stability do they? The whole thing was just... oh, I don't know. Weird.

From watching this though, the whole concept of travellers' morals seems a huge contradiction. They walk around looking like prostitutes (the dressmaker's words), but can't drink or have sex before marriage, and they're also anti-careerwoman. So you'd think there's some good values in there but it comes across SO tacky.

Does anyone agree?

What did you think Australia? I'd love to hear some opinions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment