Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wilcannia is the town at the junction of Barrier Highway and Opal Miner's Way leading to White Cliffs.

I only stopped for a few minutes on the basis that there were some nice buildings, but had heard it wasn't an ideal place to hang around.

Yes, the old post office building in particular was nice and for the most part I felt fine, albeit a bit deserted and not in a good way.

The pivotal moment was when I heard someone as I took photos of a damaged church. I turned around and there was no-one there. I continue to look at the building and then hear more audibly, "What are you doing, ey? What are you doing?"

I swear it was an old lady with a drawl. But I looked all around and no-one. No-one on their porch, or even in the backyards (there were low fences). I quick-footed it to the car, took one more photo on the main road and left. Freaky stuff.








This is the fourth post of the On the road to nowhere series. Missed the last one? Catch up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment