Thursday, February 14, 2013

At least some things never change.

(Then affirms for the day: Your own expectations are the key to the whole business of mental health. If you expect to be happy, healthy, and fulfilled in life, then that's where you'll place your attention and that's what you will manifest.)

Moving on. Yes, happy Valentine's Day. Last year I had a bit of a rant about public library services in regional areas after rediscovering a love for reading. I did continue that love by the way, the books I read in 2012 to soon be detailed (still getting through a backlog of ideas halted by the no photos episode).

This year I'm upset in a different way.

 
I bought a Kindle late last year because I had to spend a $100 gift card. Tre cool.
 
 
Last week, I finally got a case for it. From a UK supplier on eBay - I didn't want a basic colour.
 
I finally started using it a few nights ago after remembering I'd downloaded Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina to read before the new film came out. Couldn't see that Dubbo had the release of the film in the listings for my trip to the cinema tonight, and was relieved in a way when I realised we'd probably get a delayed release. It's 631 pages!
 
 
Yesterday at work I see today's page 3 getting proofed. Off-track, I first laughed at Dubbo's displeasure of SA finally reaching into the Aldi market (Dubbo still doesn't have one and it infuriates people).

Then I noticed the ad for the film. It's a national ad, so they just whack it in every paper, but seeing that still threw me off. No doubt the cinema today would have received a heap of phone calls - it's definitely not on.

I ring just to make sure there wasn't an error on the cinema's website. Then I'm told we're not only missing out on it for a week or two - we're not getting it at all. AT ALL.

Fail.

So my night's being spent eating pancakes or crepes (haven't decided at the time of writing this) and then having to see Safe Haven. The food is a good thing, I'll be at dinner with some of the work crew. But instead of a sweeping period epic my movie for the week has to be the latest freaking Nicholas Sparks adaptation. I'm going to be surrounded by cheesy couples watching a cheesy movie. I should bring my own cheese (and crackers, mmm) so I don't stick out like a sore thumb. Ugh.

***
Throughout life, the two most futile emotions are guilt for what has been done and worry about what might be done.

Failure is an editorial judgement imposed by others.

Everything your form needs to house this soul that you are wears out and changes and dies, but the divine, formless you never dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment