Friday, February 01, 2013

Learning and winning

The highest form of ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.

Too right. Life's all about learning, so know your stuff and then make a judgement if you must.

I want to touch on something from this afternoon where I feel I can now make said judgement... ladies, do you ever feel victimised as soon as you walk into a certain store? Be it for how you look or appear to those in the shop or just the vibe of the place itself? I get that at Dubbo's best boutique.

Mary and Me is a bit of both. The women, young and old, are terrible with their customer service and don't look like they ever care about the fact that someone's walked in. OK, so today they took my clothes to the change room, but that's the least I'm worried about. I want to know that I've at least been acknowledged.

I've realised I haven't written about them on here before now, but I can make this judgement. It happens every time I visit. Maybe it's because none of them have any personality, I don't know. Although I worked for a retail company whose deal with customer service was, and probably still IS the worst ever, I at least say hello to someone. Common courtesy.


I tried on a heap of dresses including this awesome thing above from Talulah. A couple I was keen on, but undecided as going in there was on a whim and my tendency to impulse buy is on the increase. So I asked to put them on hold until tomorrow.

I've realised I'll never be asked how I'm going in the changerooms even if I'm the only person in the store so that's fine, but when I was told I couldn't because my chosen items were sale items I got annoyed. Normally if that rule applies, that's fine. The problem here is that everything was marked down because they were having a storewide sale. And on top of that I swear I heard another woman ask about coming in tomorrow as well for something that was being kept for her. Pfft. I just left.

Talk about double standards. They don't even specifically mark faulty items and just chuck them in with the rest of the sale stuff. And they do know about the defects - I was told by the manager once the price of something was so low because it was faulty. I realised there was a slight fault in the first thing I bought from there after getting home, but I didn't end up taking it back only because I liked it that much and wanted to spare myself a potential argument.

What I'm getting from this series of events is that I shouldn't bother spending my money in there again unless it's for a nice present for someone. As good as the stock is, it's not worth it. And it's a sign I need to stop buying stuff and save.


Two points on winning now:

1: I'VE GOT PHOTO STORAGE BACK

Can you BELIEVE IT? OK , so of course this doesn't really faze any of you too much - but I was randomly checking to see if I had storage room for just one photo left - AND IT WORKED.

And then I tried a few more. And they worked too. Went to check my storage on Picasa (which is what Blogger uses) - and read the following:

You are currently using 1032 MB (20.17%) of your 5120 MB.

Perhaps my download of Google Drive DID work after all. Note to self: am not going to go as overboard with photos so as not to use the rest up! Anyway, I can finally bring you the rest of what I had planned from my big road trip and the bigger things since. Stay tuned for some kick-arse stories.

2: SATURDAY'S AFFIRMATION

I think my affirmation for tomorrow is particularly interesting. Though I might just affirm the first sentence:

You were a winner from the moment you were born. There were several hundred billion sperm in one glob chasing this one egg. They were all in a race. The prize was this egg, and they were all swimming as fast as they could. There were billions of them, and you won. You won the first race you were ever in.

Now isn't THAT an interesting bedtime story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment