Monday, February 04, 2013

Superbowl XLVII

Every year when the Superbowl's on it's a reminder that any effort I've ever made into getting to know gridiron never gets very far.

I still like to watch for the spectacle if not for understanding the sport on, and we had it going today at work so I was trying to sneak a few seconds here and there in between trying to work.

I'd forgotten that today was Superbowl day until after I'd been at work for a bit, and had totally not realised the correlation between that and what I chose to wear today. Completely by chance. U-S-A, U-S-A.


Oh my goodness, how HOT were Destiny's Child? I thought the rumours were just that, everyone was shooting it down, but I saw them appear. And we had the volume up as a few males in the newsroom were interested...

WOW. Their outfits are absolutely amazing (love that it's a relative unknown designer) - and they're all in top shape. Not to mention that from what I could hear they sounded alright too. But if they DO record new material, it's GOT to stay away from soppy ballads. We have to be ready for their jelly.

As for the game itself, I didn't exactly have a preference. But I admired the comeback from the 49ers, I was hoping for a last-gasp win. I swear though, the last two minutes of that game seemed the longest in sport ever. It's incredible how long they can draw that time out! I'd been out of the newsroom for a bit and was surprised to find it was even still going. Then I found out there'd been a massive blackout. So they can't really draw that much time out haha.

***
Death is merely a form of transformation. Imagine what our planet would be like without it. It's like taking off a worn-out garment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment