Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear Diary,

I couldn't bring myself to write in here again before now, I'm still crushed by the Socceroos' loss. After my last entry I slept in my sorrows for five hours and still felt like absolute shite when I had to get out of bed. Yes, even though it was a public holiday I still had to get up. Can't believe they're considering suspending Tim Cahill for TWO games because of the red card. If anything I would think FIFA had the authority to REVOKE the decision because it was unwarranted. However, the upside to yesterday was that I managed to get myself on TV. TWO stations (Nine and Ten), one as a vox pop with a comment (thanks Nick lol) and one belting out the national anthem with scarf above head. Sound embarrassing? It still is. But for some reason I find myself hilarious. Should I be admitting that? Now I feel like a comedian should when they laugh at their own jokes: like a douche.

Last night I have to admit I hit struggle town. Now, lately I've been okay with handling long hours at work and everything else, but I think adrenaline has a lot to do with it. Watched bits and pieces of Netherlands v Denmark (the og was HILARIOUS, at least the guy himself saw the humour in it), but I was really keen on Italy v Paraguay at 4am. So after sitting in front of the lappy until midnight I got my shuteye.

First half, I was fine. Saw Paraguay's goal, the Italians were panicking and noticed they had a few younger players in their squad (although it's interesting that they're still a VERY strong side and it's the oldest in the Cup). Second half, kept drifting off... 'woke up' at one stage to see a 1-all scoreline, nodding in agreement. Next thing I notice it's NOT 3-1 in Italy's favour. Guess the images I saw of two extra goals being scored were figments of my imagination. My bad. Before I know it, it's 6am and Mum's asking me to take her to work. And so began my day.

Hours of sleep: 4. Have slight headache, but that could be from straining my brain at French class before. I couldn't remember what 'vous vous appelez comment' meant when she sprang that on me. It's only what we learnt in the first lesson... Idiot.

OMG, NEW ZEALAND JUST SCORED. WHAAAAT??? First goal for NZ at the Cup in 28 years apparently. First POINT in Cup history (think I heard that right). HA, they've drawn with Slovakia. Wow, that's fair impressive. Go All Whites. Ok, looks like I'm ending this on a good note. Ivory Coast and Portugal to come. Brazil later a possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment