Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear Diary,

I'm a bit sad this morning... the World Cup so far has provided almost sleepless nights and interesting results but I let myself down overnight. The one day I was feeling fine (even on 2.5 hours sleep) and had time to relax at home what happens? I end up falling asleep on the couch BEFORE the start of Greece vs Nigeria - and then not even my brother could wake me up properly until his scream of 'Ohhhhh!' in the latter part of the second half. Shameful.

Had been hanging out ALL day, and then I was struck by stomach pains. So fine, it wasn't something I could control - besides lying down, but as soon as I do THAT what else is going to happen? Make me MORE awake? Pfft, sure. So I watched the last 20 minutes intently and by the end felt more awake than I had for half the day. Aaaaargh!

Found out some interesting things though. Chris reckons he tried waking me up at least twice last night - but did he emphasise that GREECE was on? Don't think so. I don't remember any of this, I must have been so out of it. Then he tells me when the Portugal vs Ivory Coast game ended a few nights ago and he woke me to go to bed I said: 'I have to wake you up at 6am to go to bed'. Or something. Rambling and not making any sense.

It got me thinking whether it's worth watching as much as I can at the expense of my inability to actually keep my eyes open. For some reason I feel like I'm missing out, like I'm not paying 100% attention to the good matches. Got shittier when I heard the commentator say how good a game it was. And it's not like I can really watch a replay when I'm back at work (and reality, yesterday was such a productive day off...). How frustrating. At least I found my Hellas scarf (authentic and all), I'll be wearing that today!

Oh yeah, (when I load it) I want to put a photo of me with a vuvuzela up. It's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment