Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dear Diary,

Oh how behind am I? Watching highlights of Ghana vs USA, the score of which I didn't know until about twenty minutes ago. I need to watch the news more intently. GOOOOOOOAAALLLLL! That goal from the Ghanian in extra time was awesome... Ok so the past two nights have been relatively - hang on, who's that guy? Andre Ayew apparently... - whoops, back on track. Relatively quiet, not a lot watched.

Managed to see most of the replay of Slovakia vs Italy. What a final fifteen minutes. I so wish I'd seen that live. That was incredible football. Looked like Italy were actually trying... my game of the night was Brazil vs Portugal. That was meant to be a showdown - and it was really boring. The commentator said it was a 3rd-string Brazilian team, and it showed. Not as many fancy skills or as high-tempo a game. I vaguely remember the second half starting and then went to bed what seemed like five minutes later. Hours of sleep: 5.5.

Last night was unfortunate - although a quiet Saturday night out was had, there was no way I could've stayed up to watch Ghana vs USA... although we did have a World Cup McDonalds experience - stayed in the Cross Rd restaurant past midnight when they normally shut it. Woo! But I was falling asleep (yes, in a public place. Think I've mentioned I have a tendency to do that) and so hit the hay as soon as I got home. Hours of sleep: 6.5? I don't remember what time I went to bed...

Plenty of hype surrounding England vs Germany... Ed Kavalee put it so well on Cup Fever (the SBS show) when he said that the World Cup's really started now. The business end of the tournament should bring some cracker contests! Would've loved to have gone out tonight; the Barmy Army supporters (they do call them that for football too right?) would be a fun bunch regardless of where you are. Time for Shrek to step up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment