Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Diary,

Well, I'm well underway of night six but I hit another low with night five. Key match was Portugal v Ivory Coast and was very keen after the surprise of New Zealand's 1-all draw with Slovakia. Decided to make myself a hot chocolate and crank the heater to make myself comfortable. Big mistake. I was toasty and warm and enjoying the first part of the game... but I again found myself drifting off.

Chris gets home from work, and when he sits down he starts barking at me for falling asleep. It's not my fault I can't keep my eyes open!!! (Ok so it is but still...) I keep hearing him waking me up and at half time I demand he leave me alone until it starts up again. I vaguely remember glimpses from there and next thing the TV's off and he's shaking me saying: 'It's 1:30, the game's over. Go to bed!' How SHIT. Why am I missing out? It's not fair! I don't have the luxury of watching replays on SBS Two during the day (which I didn't know were airing until today).

But do I feel I'm missing out, or is it that the games seem a little lacklustre so far? It's easy to get the impression that there haven't really been any standout games within the first round of group matches - sure, North Korea holding Brazil scoreless for a half is good, as were displays from Germany (grrr), The Netherlands and Italy. But the latter three are to be expected. I want to see games that will keep me awake in the wee hours of the morning because they're unpredictable.

Felt better today. Maybe that's because hours of sleep totalled five. And I could've had more, but I made myself visit the gym. Again, shock horror, two days running! Haha that's not possible tomorrow, but the point of trying to look after myself amidst the imminent trail of destruction of my sanity is being taken. For the love of the world game, it's all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment