Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas episode

Happy holidays Google doodle plays jingle bells for Christmas

Uh, how cool is Google's latest feature? Just sayin'.

The parents have been here with me for almost 48 hours now, making the 13 hour drive through a harsh sun and then electrical storms. All in one piece - and then some. The amount of stuff we unloaded from the car was absolutely ridiculous. I asked for some clothes, two pairs of boots, my Europe 2011 mementos and holiday gear, taking up two overnight bags, and also a mirror to hang up. Not too much. But then I look at the floor and see bags taking up half the space. Where's the carpet? Where's the caaaarrrrpettt?



It will be interesting to open these bags tomorrow - Christmas 2011 has somehow turned into The Katina Show.

My parents have also been quite indulgent as they insist on trying to spruce up my place and provide me with more utensils, which is huuuugely unnecessary. Dad bought me a crusher blender thing to make smoothies. They saw a little bit of frustration from me to say the least - now I have to use this thing!

But I'm glad they're here.

*****

In other Christmasy news, we published a Letters To Santa liftout last week where kids gave the paper their wishes for presents for us to pass on to the big man. And they were awesome. I'm going to write just a few I thought were great.

Lily, 6yo: I would like for Christmas an iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and water bottle, necklace, earrings and ring.

WAY too many kids this age were asking for iPhones etc, cute but scary at the same time.

Xavier, 8yo, knew his spy lie detector was from BigW which I thought was observant. He's done his research.

Jorja, 6yo, wanted a baby kitten that had not opened its eyes...

Some of the older kids knew Santa had a big trip ahead of him...

Patrick, 8yo: I would like for Christmas a BMX bike please. Have a great flight around Australia, be safe.

Among other things, Maddison, 5yo, wanted "fake nails that you can nip off". She wasn't the only one.

Lara, THREEyo: I would like for Christmas some new high heels. SHE WAS THREE. HUH?


I want to know your opinion - are kids asking for too much too soon?

Merry Christmas everyone!
xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment