Tuesday, December 06, 2011

How stoked am I?! For the first time in... probably a year to be quite honest, I will be up to date with the latest film news, interviews and reviews from the wonderful and witty team at Empire after I renewed my subscription. This has been a long time coming (like many other things in my life, *sigh*).

I'm just as excited that it got here when it was meant to and not late like most of my other letters. Problems with getting the post were seemingly rectified until I got rubberbanded deliveries conspicously before 7am last week... but perhaps I'm good now. Either way I'm going to promise myself NOT to fall 8-9 months behind like I did before going to Europe. But I have much less to do here than in Adelaide so with any luck I won't have to try too hard.

Speaking of extra-curricular activities, here's one that's exciting me to no end. There's a FILM SOCIETY here. In Dubbo. With 300+ members. Their AGM is next week and I've initiated contact about becoming a member... truthfully, I think I would be great one step higher as a part of their committee, but I'm worried I've just missed out on applications ahead of the meeting. What a total fail that would be - you would think my experience would be a total asset for them. Just sayin'.

I'm also attending a Rotaract dinner/meeting tomorrow night. Rotaract? I'd never heard of it either, but it's a Rotary group for 18-30somethings. Figured there's no harm in checking out what they do... look at me attempting to assimilate in the community!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment