Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Getting stuff done.

Today I had the day off, and I needed to get things done:


While my list isn't ever really doable in just the one day (it's always ongoing), I made good headway with a couple of things I'd been meaning to do for a while.

Like cook. A reeeeally good, basic pasta.

Yeah, that's right. I hardly cooked last week because of a combination of returning to routine from holidays and being invited out to eat. Then this week so far hasn't been any better because of two ridiculously late nights, particularly last night which rather frustrated me:

That pretty much says it all. Including that Twitter can't get the time of any of my tweets right.

I'm soon to have a Get Shit Done Weekend if I so choose, with Good Friday actually being a public holiday for me(!) and then somehow landing the Sunday off. Three-day break! Do I stay home and do the nagging stuff or go somewhere? Decisions...

***

Things I learnt today:

1. I molt like crazy.
OK, so with long hair that's unavoidable. But I went over my quilt cover with the lint collector before washing it (best invention that), and the amount of hair and fluff was just incredible.

2. Flossing is boss.
I've been really good with my teeth lately, adding flossing twice a day to the regime - and again, I've always known the outcome, but as gross as this sounds there's nothing like seeing a particularly notable food particle come out onto the floss. Doing something right feels good.

3. I'm OK with job applications taking forever.
It's something I have to accept. And if they're jobs you really want to apply for it helps, and it's worth it. Yes, I applied for a few jobs today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment