Friday, January 27, 2012


These shoes are Rafael Nadal's fare from the 2010 French Open. For this year's Australian Open his name is on the tongue of the shoe.

Roger Federer has his own logo embroidered on the outside of his shoes, while Petra Kvitova sports her first name on the heel.

My question is: do their shoes get mixed up in the locker rooms or something?

I'm just curious as to what's behind the tennis trend to name their shoes. Especially after themselves. I mean, if you're going to name your shoes, put another meaningful (or random) name to keep them guessing. Have some fun with it.

***

Thought I'd note that observation tonight being Friday, where I've promised to nominate my shoe of the week from my fridge calendar. I missed last week so not off to the greatest start but there's another 11 months so you'll see plenty. And so for the reveal...



Gold Digger.

I think this is fairly self-explanatory, although I must say I had to give a few other consideration. The name can influence my decision as much as the shoe itself, and this just said it all. Snakeskin that would look best on cowboy boots, perfect for the "gold digger" in all of us. Maybe if we were in Las Vegas back in the 80s...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment