Sunday, January 22, 2012

TARDIS back in the USSR

Apparently Dubbo has a TARDIS. And it is awesome.

I can't say I'm a Doctor Who fan. I remember Kylie Minogue was on one of the Christmas episodes and know the names of the three that have helmed the new generation (I remain curious of the David Tennant era particularly).

I DO know Torchwood though, which from what I've seen I thoroughly enjoyed. So I understand people's appreciation for the Doctor. And I now also know of the admiration for the show and Matt Smith from the wonderful Steph of Mayhem and Miscellany.

During her visit to Dubbo for the weekend she saw the sights of the city and also a bit of Narromine (ooh aah Glenn McGrath), but neither of us were prepared for the mini golf course.

Astro mini golf at the Observatory was not something I'd thought about doing since the move. But at Steph's excitement I thought it was a great idea. As she put it, it's all about "embracing the daggy stuff". And what an unexpected surprise it was.

We went through the Space Race and Oort clouds, before entering the TARDIS and then finally getting sucked into the Black Hole. While Steph was disappointed it didn't expand to include the so called features (multiple swimming pools, helloooo?) it was still a privilege to get the ball in the hole located inside. I was impressed.


Other weekend highlights included a revisit to Andonbel Alpaca Farm and Coffee Shop, exhibition viewing and the opportunity to learn French off nationals. But they are stories for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment