Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh my WAG naivety...

Watching the Australian Open each year has become more and more of a challenge as I've found myself working heavier in retail, and then now becoming accustomed to full-time routine work in my professional field. However, I'm a girl and very much appreciate seeing some particular men going at it on the court so am still watching when I can. A recent preference is some of the Serbian kind, not least because of the Orthodox link (hello convenience).
Yes that sounds stupid (I'm not overly religious for one thing), but thinking about it, if I had the chance I've always been more interested in meeting a tennis man than someone from any other sport. I mean, AFL players are just bloody stupid. That aside, I was shocked to meet Jelena at the first viewing of Novak Djokovic for this year.

Jelena Ristic is apparently the long-term girlfriend of Djokovic (since 2005). I swear I've never seen her in his box at the Open before, and truly feel I have clearly missed this the whole time. I always thought he was a free-wheelin' kinda guy (as a match to his personality), and now I discover he's been in a relationship the whole time. You think you know a guy... a tad devastated, I have really lost a little bit of the love. They're cute, but that's so boring. Just marry her already. Next.

The next two I don't think were at this year's tournament although I could be wrong. My other total surprise came from Biljana Tipsarevic. Since Janko's rise into the top 10 I've seen a bit more of him and become intrigued. Then I find out he's married to a (former?) TV presenter. Of course he is.

HOW DID I MISS THIS??
Le sigh.

I can't be angry, these girls are gorgeous and close to home for the boys. Buuuuut not as impressed by this one.
Brooklyn Decker, aka Mrs Roddick. Now, I DID know about her. And she just comes across as a bit more... meh. Like she knows she's awesome because she looks hot in a bikini and gets paid for it. And that she pipped Mandy Moore at the post. Although a friend put it well when she said it's okay they're married when Andy has his new mohawk as he does. WTF IS that by the way?

To the Australians... Bec Hewitt gets a mention as a yummy mummy because she's looking pretty good these days, but Bernard Tomic's other half is adorable.

Donay Meijer, like all the other, presents well in the box. But she seems casual and unassuming (not that I can really say the others aren't) and I LOVE that she's focused on her studies (and her man) when she could be modelling. Refreshing.


I really don't know if I could hack it as a WAG, as glamorous as it may look. For now I'm accepting that I'm very unlikely to meet a pro player in my lifetime and it's limited to the television screen. Although if my intended Australian Open 2013 trip goes well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment