Monday, July 16, 2012

I haven't had McDonalds since my New Zealand experience back in March (yay, go me being nearly fast food-free), but when I discovered they were doing Flavours of the Games again I had to get down there.

Not having seen the ads early enough, I missed out on the Atlanta Pork McRib and I somehow failed to see that the London Fish and Fries had just ended too. Stupid girl at the counter when I asked on that weekend had no idea what I was on about, dumbarse.



I thought I'd do a double whammy because I was so ready for a big late lunch. I got the Sydney Stack (with small fries and a bottle of water), and then the Paris Choc Delight for dessert.

The two specialty dishes racked up a total of 4830 kilojoules. So without the fries I'd consumed half of my daily intake. I'd never thought about that before when eating McDonalds - or fast food in general really, but it was right there on the tray in front of me the whole time. And on the wall. Wow.


And didn't I feel fat after eating it? The Sydney Stack was a mess at best (at 2540 kJ), but I resisted taking the beetroot out and it tasted fine. Just a regular burger really with more in it. Tasty.


But this was pretty amazing. What you can't really see here were three small, round crunchy brownie bits. Slightly warmed up. *dribble dribble* The marshmallows were really cute and although I don't usually eat sundaes this was alright, not too much topping. Yum. Although at almost the kilojoule level of the Stack at 2290kJ.



A few days later I was naughty and picked the Barcelona Omelette up for breakfast after going to the gym. Yeah I know, that was pretty bad.

But this was really quite good. Their bacon has no fat on it ever, total kudos to Maccas for that. The omelette itself really did have the chunks of chorizo and that in it and the tomato relish, as opposed to just sauce, actually finished it off really nicely. It's good that it was so small in size, like the normal McMuffins.  And breakfast meant I had to have a hash brown. Oh man, those things are good.



Last was the Beijing Chicken Burger. Crispy chicken with mayo, sweet chilli sauce, lettuce and cucumber. I really liked this actually, the chicken was really good, like KFC-style, but the flavours were offset really well. There was a lot of sweet chilli but it was good. McDonalds don't have to do much to please me because it's such a treat when I decide I feel like fast food. Good results all around, but the gold medal goes to the Paris Choc Delight.

***



In other Olympics-related news, I had the Dubbo Football Club "Bullympics" last week, where I was involved in the dental cap and biscuit face (aka face of cookie) finals. I may have not won a medal but I walked away with all my pride intact. As well as a team hoodie because they had finally come in :)
Only days away from the real thing! So exciting. I'm trying to do a story on the excitement for the Olympics at work and I'm hoping it gets up tomorrow.

***

Aaaaaand in other sports news - what's up with the tacks on Le Tour de France? How horrible that someone would want to sabotage the race and risk serious injury to these players. Well done to Bradley Wiggins for being a great sportsman and holding back for Cadel Evans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment