Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finding things when you least expect them is one of life's nicest surprises, isn't it? Something you perhaps lost, or don't remember buying... but when they show up in the peculiar places they do, it makes your day right?

I've had one of those days.
At the moment I'm keeping myself well occupied by going through the box of mementos I sent home while away in Europe and going through all the pamphlets and maps to put in a scrapbook.
I did this for my first trip as well, and did a relatively good job of it. But a large part of that trip was on tour where I had information given to me and didn't really collect too much for myself. This time around that was a lot different, so it's taking me much longer and I'm hating that I'm leaving certain (less important) things out.
***

One of the things I found was something I knew I had but was confused as to when I'd sent it home. A friend from my Egypt tour wanted to get the photos from the Valley of the Kings off the CD I'd bought on our way out of the site (you can't take photos yourself but the CDs are cheap enough), and I planned to give it to her later on my travels. I can't remember whether I had it at the time, but at some point it fell into my box home.


The second CD is by a Glaswegian band I watched in a pub in the West End while it was heavily raining on a summer's day. I remember they had really quirky lyrics and were great to listen to. The girl I was with on this particular day didn't get to buy a CD for herself either. I can't wait to listen to this, I don't remember their sound well because it's been so long - a chance to rediscover something new!

Then the big one.



Stuff from The Jane Austen Centre in Bath. All in a bag waiting for me to find them! A Mr Darcy library bag all folded up in a ribbon, a book on the history of England Austen-style and pins.

PINS!




Are they not the COOLEST? I buy pins wherever I visit, you see, and the fact that I forgot about these is just crazy. I could've gone crazy in that shop to be honest, so to find all of this has been a really awesome surprise. Go me.

I just want to watch Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice all over again looking at these...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment